Thursday, October 15, 2015

Rural Women's Conference 2015


Screen before painting
Screen after painting



The day begins with coffee, tea and pastries for the 400+ women attending.  Then there is shopping to be done at the 20+ women's businesses who are showcasing their work.  Keynote speakers, designers, a fashion show, door prizes, and a delicious lunch round out the day.  Every attendee is sent home with a gift bag.  The day is full of inspiration and encouragement for ladies from 18-80.

I had the opportunity to showcase my business, "Design Consulting" at our most recent RWC.  I decided to use cobalt blue and orange as the colors for the display.  I painted a folding screen and added copper leaves and a wreath.  For my table I displayed a large fall bouquet in a blue vase with yellow and orange flowers and touches of cobalt.  Pumpkins and large copper leaves rounded out the display.      
Table decorations

No comments:

Post a Comment